- Site and location
Thornhill Park and Ride - managed by Oxfordshire County Council
- Location map
- Post code
Located off the A40 from Thame, Aylesbury, High Wycombe, London and the M40 to the east of the city, just before the ring road.
- Additional information
All Park and Ride sites are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Vehicles can be left overnight. Maximum stay 72 hours.
Separate charges apply for parking and bus fare (unless purchasing a 'Combined Ticket' - see below).
English national concessionary bus passes for over 60s and disabled people are accepted on Park and Ride buses.
- Parking Spaces
Approx 1,335 spaces
- Height Restrictions
2.1 metres (6ft 11 inches)
- Parking charges
Visit the Oxfordshire County Council website for full parking charge information.
- 0-1 hour free: £0.00
- 1-11 hours: £2.00
- 11-24 hours: £4.00
- 24-48 hours: £8.00
- 48-72 hours: £12.00
Season tickets are avilable from the Oxfordshire County Council website.
You can pay for parking and a day return bus ticket for two adults and up to three children (under 16) for £6.80.
There are two dedicated machines for these tickets located at each Park & Ride. The combined ticket machines will accept coins and card payments.
You must enter you car registration number when buying a ticket. You do not have to display the ticket in your car, it can be presented to the driver for travel on the bus.
- Bus fares
See information about the 'Combined Ticket' above or visit the Oxford Bus Company website for bus fare information.
Please refer to the Tickets page of the Oxford Bus Company website to confirm prices and terms and conditions of travel.
- Combined Ticket (two adults and up to three children under 16), including parking for up to 11 hours - £6.80
- Single (after 9am, Monday to Friday and anytime weekends and Public Holidays), parking not included - £1.80
- Same day return (off-peak - after 9am, Monday to Friday and anytime weekends and Public Holidays), parking not included - £2.60
- Same day return (peak - before 9am, Monday to Friday), parking not included - £2.80
- Period return (return within 72 hours), parking not included - £3
- 2 To Go (same day return for two adults travelling together), parking not included - £4.80
- 2 To Go period return (same day return for two adults travelling together - return within 72 hours), parking not included - £5.50
- Child single - £0.90
- Child return - £1.30
- Child Peak Return (before 9am, Monday to Friday) - £1.40
- Bus timetables, route and stops
Park and Ride to Oxford
Visit the Oxford Bus Company website for full details.
Park and Ride to Oxford - Route 400 timetable (PDF)
- Oxford Tube for Hillingdon, Shepherd’s Bush, Notting Hill Gate, Marble Arch and Victoria
- X90 for Hillingdon, Baker Street, Marylebone, Marble Arch and Victoria
- LGW for Gatwick airport
- LHR for Heathrow airport
For more information go to the Airline - Oxford Bus Company website
- National Express for Luton and Stansted airports
For more information go to the National Express website
- Getting to hospitals
Terminal building available offering:
- Tea/Coffee facilities
- Waiting Room
- Disabled parking
Free parking for Blue Badge holders
- Motorcycle parking
There is a designated parking area for motorcycles where parking is free.
However, standard charges apply if using a normal car parking bay.
- Electric vehicle charge points