- General Information
Category: Neighbourhood Park
Address: Alexandra Road, OX2 0HS
Size: 5 hectares
Miles to City Centre: 1.1
Miles to Ring Road: 0.8
Size of events: Small to medium
Oatlands Recreation Ground is a large, flat, open green space with a riverside setting, adjoining King George’s Field via a footbridge across a tributary.
It is located fairly close to the city centre and within walking distance from Oxford train station and Seacourt Park and Ride.
- How to Get there
Active Travel: 15 minutes walk, 5 minutes cycle ride from the city centre, 10 minutes walk, 3 minutes’ cycle ride from Oxford Railway Station.
Public transport: Nearby bus stops on Botley Road; regular services from city centre and 400 bus service to and from Seacourt Park and Ride.
Parking: No suitable parking onsite for event attendees; the nearest public car park is Seacourt Park and Ride.
- Key Considerations
- Access width for vehicles: 3.53m
- There is limited access due to narrow residential roads – parking suspension will need to be arranged
- If event organisers wish to utilise the whole site, permission to be obtained from the City Council and Oxfordshire County Council, who own part of the site
- It may flood during heavy periods of rain.
- Park location
- Previous and Current events
- Sports events
- Community events / fetes
- Venue Guide Brochure
- Contact us