- General Information
Category: City Park
Address: Lake Street OX1 4RW
Size: 9 hectares
Miles to City Centre: 1
Miles to Ring Road: 0.9
Size of events: Small to medium
Hinksey Park is an attractive park with a lake and boating pond. The park is divided into different areas. There is a medium-sized open space with good visibility near the main entrance.
It is within walking distance of the city centre and has excellent transport links to and from the city centre and Redbridge Park and Ride.
Due to its location and Hinksey Outdoor Pool the park has high footfall and is popular for cyclists/walkers commuting through the park.
- How to Get there
Active Travel: 15 minutes walk, 5 minutes cycle ride from the city centre, 10 minutes from Oxford train station.
Public transport: Nearby bus stops on Abingdon Road: regular services from the city centre and 300 bus service to and from Redbridge Park and Ride.
Parking: Car park onsite, however not suitable for event attendees; nearest public car parks are Redbridge Park and Ride, Oxpens and Westgate Car Park.
- Key Considerations
- Access width for vehicles: 4.05m (outer entrance), 2.2m (inner entrance)
- The park can get extremely busy in the summer due to Hinksey Outdoor Pool
- Not suitable for HGV’s – only vehicular access point is through a narrow car park
- Public toilets: opening hours can be extended upon request.
- Park location
- Premises licence
- Previous and Current events
- Film under the Stars
- Charity awareness events/stalls
- Lord Mayor’s Parade
- Continental Markets
- Venue Guide Brochure
- Contact us