- General Information
Category: City Park
Address: Oxford OX4 3PW
Size: 8 hectares
Miles to City Centre: 2.2
Miles to Ring Road: 1
Size of events: Small to large
Florence Park is one of Oxford’s most picturesque parks. It is located in the East of the city within the suburb of Cowley and in close proximity to the bustling Cowley Road. It has a variety of facilities, such as a community café and high footfall all year round. The site has segments of open space, perfect for separate event areas.
- How to Get there
Active Travel: 13 minutes’ cycle ride from the city centre.
Public transport: Nearby bus stops on Rymers Lane, Cowley Road and Iffley Road.
Parking: Temporary car park in the summer off Rymers Lane for approximately 50 cars, not suitable for event attendees; nearest public car parks at Templars Square Shopping Centre.
- Key Considerations
- Access width for vehicles: 2.95m (Rymers Lane), 4.4m (Florence Park Road)
- The park is surrounded by fencing and is locked at night. Events can exceed normal opening hours if agreed in advance
- Public toilets: opening hours can be extended upon request
- The former bowls green is a separately fenced off, flat, well-drained area that can be requested specifically. From April to September it hosts a Trapeze School.
- Park location
- Premises licence
- Previous and Current events
- Annual FloFest and GloFest
- Annual Children’s Day
- Film under the Stars
- Annual High Fly Trapeze School
- Horticultural Festival
- Venue Guide Brochure
- Contact us