- General Information
Category: City Centre
Address: Oxford OX1 2BU
Size: 1,400m² (40m x 35m)
Size of events: Small to large
Footfall: 3,500 people daily
Gloucester Green is an open city square just next to the central Coach Station and surrounded by various shops and cafes. Market days are Wednesday to Saturday. The markets are run by an independent market provider on behalf of Oxford City Council.
- How to Get there
Active Travel: 10 minutes’ walk and 5 minutes’ cycle from Oxford train station.
Public Transport: Nearby bus stops on George St, Magdalen St West and Gloucester Green Coach Station; bus
connection to all Park & Rides.
Parking: No suitable parking onsite for event attendees; nearest public car parks are Gloucester Green and Worcester Street.
- Key Considerations
- Events wishing to utilise the whole square can take place between Sunday and Tuesday
- Small stalls can approach the market operator to ask if they can be part of the market
- Access for unloading before 10 am and after 4 pm. Access after 10 am requires a parking permit (arranged through Events Office)
- Entry is restricted by bollards, which can be removed on request. Request for vehicular access must be included in the event application
- Based on standard stall size, approx 100 market stalls can fit.
- City Centre location
- Wheelchair accessible
- Water available
- Premises licence
- Previous and Current events
- Weekly food & antique markets
- Dancin’ on the Green
- Christmas Light Festival
- Offbeat Festival
- Mandala Theatre Company
- RAG Charity Bungee Jump
- Venue Guide Brochure
- Contact us