- General Information
Category: City Centre
Address: Oxford OX1
Size: Bollarded end – 819m² (length: 63m, width: 7.5m West end and 18.5m East end)
Size of events: Small to extra-large
Footfall: 7,000 people daily
Broad Street is one of Oxford’s most architecturally stunning event locations, containing many of Oxford’s iconic venues, colleges and shops.
Every year it hosts major city events such as the Christmas Light Festival and Oxford’s Christmas Market, as well as being the starting location for the Oxford Half Marathon.
Small to medium scale events can be held within the bollarded end. Large/extra-large scale events require a road closure up to Turl Street or of Broad Street in its entirety.
- How to Get there
Active Travel: 15 minutes’ walk and 5 minutes’ cycle from Oxford train station.
Public Transport: Nearby bus stops on George Street and Magdalen Street West; bus connection to all Park & Ride buses; 10-minute walk from Oxford Train Station.
Parking: No parking on-site. Car parks: Worcester Street, Gloucester Green, Oxpens and Westgate. Pay & display on Broad Street & St Giles.
- Key Considerations
- Special conditions may apply when coinciding with Oxford University exam or ceremony dates
- Vehicle restriction times between 10am and 6pm. Infrastructure to be unloaded and all non-essential vehicles offsite by 10am
- Only vehicles part of event infrastructure allowed onsite during event. Parking dispensation requests must be included in the application
- Access for deliveries to be maintained from 6pm to 10am
- Minimum 3.5m emergency access through the site to be maintained at all times
- Footpath access and visibility shop frontages to be kept clear. Stalls have to be open at the back or turned sideways.
- City centre location
- Wheelchair accessible
- Power available
- Premises licence
- Previous and Current events
- Christmas Light Festival
- Filming Location
- Oxford Half Marathon
- Jewish Cultural Fair
- Oxford Arts Market
- Oxford’s Big Green Day Out
- Electric Vehicle Show
- Venue Guide Brochure
- Contact us