Children and adults are invited to submit their design for a logo to mark the 70th anniversary of the Oxford-Bonn twinning link, culminating during this year’s Bonn Week celebrations (Thursday 25 to Sunday 28 May 2017).
Prizes will be given to the winner of each of the categories below:
- Primary School age entry
- Secondary School age entry
- Adults/general public entry
- Overall winner
The design must:
- make reference to the 70 years of Oxford-Bonn twinning links
- be usable for a variety of events (e.g. music, educational, family, dance, sport)
- make reference to the current Bonn-Oxford logo (above)
- be landscape or square format
- be in JPEG format
- be appropriate for use on posters, leaflets, brochures, and other marketing material (e.g. t-shirts, mugs, and bags).
The overall winners’ design will be used on marketing material for Bonn Week and future twinning events and, therefore, should represent the two cities, their rich culture and strong twinning links.
The competition will run from 13 January to 13 February 2017.
All entries must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the entrant’s name, age, email and their school’s name (if applicable).
Terms and conditions
History of Oxford-Bonn Link
On 6 June 1947, the Military Government of North Rhine Westphalia suggested that a scheme for the exchange of information between Bonn and Oxford might be considered and, from such humble beginnings, the link has developed into a strong and resilient twinning partnership.
For 70 years, exchanges have taken place in areas including sport, music, and the arts.
Every four years, we celebrate Bonn Week in one of the twin cities. Oxford has the great pleasure of hosting Bonn Week 2017 - its 70th anniversary.
Bonn Week was established to promote the twinning partnership between the cities of Oxford and Bonn.
Visit our Bonn page for more information on the link.