PO Box 10, Oxford, OX1 1EN
Tel 01865 249811
We've introduced an easy way for you to let us know what you think about the quality of service you receive from us. We're inviting you to select one of three faces (ranging from smiley to sad) and to answer a few questions to feedback how you rate us. You can also choose to leave other comments about your experience, together with suggestions on how we can improve our services.
This method of feeding back satisfaction is available in three different ways:
If you are using our website you can rate the usefulness of the information on all of our pages. This will help us to discover what works and what doesn’t, and what needs to be improved.
To give feedback on a web page, simply click on the appropriate face. A pop-up box will appear in which you can enter your reasons for that rating and you will also have the option of leaving a more detailed comment with your contact details. This information will help us to identify what is in need of improvement. We will look at every comment we receive and try to make changes as soon as we can.
If you phone our contact centre you can opt to take part in a short automated telephone survey to rate the call.
If you visit our customer service centres you can use a touch screen kiosk to rate your visit.
Thank you for your feedback using the 'smiley faces' to rate the quality of service we give. Results for November 2014 can be found below:
Good: 61% (60)
Average: 20% (20)
Poor: 18% (18)
Good: 93% (1122)
Average: 6% (72)
Poor: 1% (14)
Total Calls Offered: 18337
Total Calls Answered: 17460
% Calls Answered: 95.58%
% Calls Answered in 20 Seconds: 70%
Good: 48% (177)
Average: 14% (51)
Poor: 39% (144)
Compliments, Comments, Complaints (Contact Centre) - November 2014
Comments received: 0
Compliments received: 24
Complaints received: 10
Justified Complaints received: 6
You can use our comment, compliment or complaint procedure on our Comments, Compliments or Complaints page.
1. You Said: We took your original documents on reception and placed them in an envelope with no indication of when they will be returned
We Did: Introduced a quick scan and receipt process returning your documents there and then. This saves customers time and the Council money in postage.
2. You Said: No consistent approach to escalating issues to the relevant department.
We Did: Set up an escalation procedure for the Duty Manager to take ownership and contact the relevant department and the customer.
3. You Said: That we need a more customer service approach in the Contact Centre.
We Did: Provided soft skills training for all staff and customer service training to be rolled out to all
4. You said: We have been taking too long to answer the phone and resolve your query for Benefits enquiries.
We did: We have trained more Customer Service Officers in Benefits to ensure we have more people available to answer your calls.
5. You said: On occasions, we can put you on hold for too long and at times we have long periods of silences.
We Did: Produced a Best Practice guide for Customer Service Officers on guidance to put people on hold which includes:
a) Permission - Ask the customer can you put them on HOLD
b) Time - Advise how long they will be on and stick to it
c) Reason - Tell the customer why you are putting them on HOLD.
Remember time seems longer on HOLD.
a) Confirm - That the customer is still there
b) Apology - For HOLD and wait time
c) Follow Up - Complete the enquiry or advise of further HOLD, Call back for other follow up action.
6. You said: On occasions, you have felt that the wait time is too long to answer calls.
We Did: Employed more staff to help answer customers calls and we trained more team members to be able deal with a variety of customers telephone queries.
7. You said: When reporting a lost bin, getting a lost property reference from the police can be difficult and time consuming.
We Did: Removed the need to request a lost property reference from TVP
8. You said: No clear indication of when the Planning Department will get back to me.
We did: Introduced a Service Level Agreement of call backs within 48 hours.
9. You said: Council Tax wait times are too long.
We did: Implemented out of hours training so more trained Customer Service Officers are available to you.
10. You said: It takes too long to get through to a Customer Service Officer about a Council Tax enquiry..
We did: We completed the training of 5 additional Customer Service Officers on Council Tax and have begun training another 4. As a result, despite an increase in call volumes, our waiting times have improved.
11. You said: You are not happy about using an automated payment line. You have given payment to a person in the past and you would like all staff to be able to take payments
We did: Operatives who take calls as part of our resilience contract are unable to take payments due to security issues. The secure method is to use the automated line unless you speak to a Customer Service Officer at Oxford City Council where it is secure to take payments. We are currently reviewing our resilience contract with the aim of all staff being able to take payments over the telephone.
12. You said: Wait times on reception are too long
We did: Completed the training of 2 more Customer Service Officers on the counter As a result, we now have more staff to help with appointments on reception.
13. You said: It was difficult to report when your bins had been missed on a collection round if the error was discovered when the contact centre was closed
We did: Set up an automated missed bin line which can be called out of hours to report your bin has not been collected.
14. You said: Wait times for refunds for council tax takes too long
We did: We reviewed the council tax refund procedure last month with the expectation to make this a simpler process.
15. You said: It was frustrating that some staff members could not take payments for council tax over the phone
We did: We trained more staff in the contact centre to handle council tax calls with the ability to take payments.
16. You said: Escalations of Housing Benefit enquiries do not work.
We did: We have reviewed the escalation procedure taking into account the customer's needs. We have agreed that you will receive a call back to inform you when it will be dealt with and another call to confirm your enquiry has been handled.
Page last updated 16 January 2015