Problems Opening Documents on Public Access system
Please Note: Some users may experience problems when opening up documents in our online Public Access system. In some cases, documents will appear as blank pages.
If you experience this issue, please press F5 on your keyboard to refresh the page. This should solve the problem.
We hope to recify this issue for all users as soon as possible. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.
Submitting comments via Public Access
When you are submitting comments online via Public Access, please be aware that you will be timed out after 30 minutes of inactive use. There is no warning of this on Public Access and following customer feedback we have asked for it to be added to the Public Access page.
Once your comment has been submitted to Oxford City Council, it will be made available within 24 hours, not immediately as the Public Access system currently states. This is due to a programme error and will not interfere when submitting a comment.
Our online Public Access systems allows you to search for and comment on Planning Applications online.
Please see our Public Access Details page for information about what you are able to with Public Access and to clarify what information is available.
The system has on screen instructions to guide you but please see our new guidance notes below for further information.
New Public Access for Planning Guidance Notes (387kB PDF)
Please note that any documents attached to an application, such as plans or supporting information, may not appear until a few days after the application is registered.
By selecting 'I Accept' you agree with the terms and conditions of the license agreement set out below, and you will be able to view the Planning search facility.
Process for making a comment / objection
- Click on the 'I Accept' button below if you agree to the terms and conditions.
- Search for the application you are interested in - the Search options have been split into tabs - simply click the tab you wish to use.
- Once you have found the application you are interested in, select the 'Make a Public Comment' button to access the online comment form.
- You can make comments via Public Access until the Comment Expiry Date. However, the Council will use its discretion and take into account any comments received up until the preparation of the officer's recommendation report. If you wish to comment after the Expiry Date please email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note when you make a comment on an application via Public Access you will receive a message explaining that your message has been truncated. This message is inaccurate - comments are not truncated. You are able to submit a comment of up to 6000 characters.
The majority of archived files that we hold from 2002 onwards are available electronically on our Public Access system. If the file is not on Public Access, a paper copy will be held at the Council. All files pre-2002 are kept as paper copies at the Council. To gain access to these files, please submit a request to email@example.com.
Licence Agreement for access to National and Local Authority datasets
Set out below are the terms and conditions which, together with any legal notices displayed elsewhere on this website, represent the terms and conditions on which we will provide you with access to the datasets created by Local Government lnformation House Limited (the "National Datasets") and the datasets compiled and maintained by Oxford City Council (the "Authority Datasets") associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Your continued use of this website indicates your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not click on "I accept". The terms and conditions for this licence agreement are as follows:
- The National and Authority datasets are associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Information displayed throughout the Oxford City Council website is extracted from a copyright work owned by the Local Government lnformation House Limited and Oxford City Council.
- A single screen print of the results of a search of the National and/or Authority datasets is permitted for your own use.
- You may not extract or re-utilise information derived from the National or Authority Datasets and/or any copies of such information (whether electronic or in hard copy format) for any commercial or business purpose including but not limited to, trading, building commercial databases, reselling or redistribution of such information.
- You are not permitted to modify, adapt, arrange, alter, adjust or make any additions to any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets, nor are you permitted to combine such information with other mapping, data or other information, including for the avoidance of doubt, other such information derived from this Website.
- Save as permitted by paragraph 2 above, the reproduction, copying, downloading, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission, distribution, decompilation, reverse-engineering or disassembly of any part of this website] is not permitted without our prior written consent.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets is not made available, either in electronic unencrypted form or in hard copy format, to any third party that may attempt to use the map in contravention of these terms and conditions.
- You must inform us immediately if you become aware of a third party using information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets in contravention of these terms and conditions or of any infringement of trade marks located on the Oxford City Council website.
- We shall have no liability to any person or organisation in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of the information contained on this website.
- We take every reasonable effort to ensure that information contained on this website is as accurate as possible. However, the services featured on the Oxford City Council website are provided "as is", and all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. We shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expense or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever, (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with your use of the Oxford City Council website.
Public Access details
Details the abilities of the Public Access system and clarifies the range of information that is available.
Page last updated 22 October 2013