Oxford City Council

PO Box 10, Oxford, OX1 1EN
Tel 01865 249811
Web http://www.oxford.gov.uk/

Recycling and waste

Food Safety for Childminders

If, as a childminder, you give food to a child in your care, the food hygiene legislation will apply to you. This includes all food, from a drink of orange to a full cooked meal.

The only exception would be when the child's parent or guardian has prepared the food, but you are responsible for safe storage once it has been delivered to you.

We will not normally inspect childminders unless we receive complaints or if there is a case of food poisoning associated with your childminding. In these cases a normal investigation will be made and the same standards of safety will be expected as any other food business.

Food Registration Form

As of 1 January 2014 childminders are no longer required to register separately as a food business with the local authority. Childminders need only register with Ofsted. Any relevant information will be shared between authorities.

More information

Visit the Childminders page of the Food Standards Agency website for information on food safety in childminding premises.

Page last updated 14 January 2014


How do you rate this page?

rate this page as GOOD rate this page as AVERAGE rate this page as POOR
What's this?

Garden Waste Advert

Facebook  Twitter  RSS icon


Do it online

Contact Us

Self service: Online services | Telephone: 01865 249811 | Where to find our offices

Copyright © 2015 Oxford City Council, Town Hall, St Aldate's, Oxford, OX1 1BX.
Designed and hosted by Oxford Information Labs Limited.