Oxford City Council

PO Box 10, Oxford, OX1 1EN
Tel 01865 249811
Web http://www.oxford.gov.uk/


Jump to zone menu

Births, Deaths and Marriages

Please Note

Oxfordshire County Council are responsible for this service in Oxford. Visit their Births, Deaths and Marriages pages for full details.

Oxfordshire County Council logo

How and where do I register a birth, death or marriage in Oxfordshire?

The Registration service in Oxford is run by Oxfordshire County Council. Visit the Births, Deaths and Marriages section of their website for more information.

Visit the Registration Offices page of the Oxfordshire County Council website for locations of registration offices in Oxfordshire.  

Find out how to book an appointment to register a birth, death or marriage in Oxfordshire on the Oxfordshire County Council website.

Registration contact




Oxfordshire Registration Service 0845 129 5900 Registration Service
Oxford Register Office
1 Tidmarsh Lane


How do I order a birth, death or marriage certificate?

Local Register Offices hold records of events registered in their area.

For those registered in Oxfordshire, you can order a birth, death or marriage certificate online by visiting the Oxfordshire Online Applications pages of the Oxfordshire County Council website.

For recent events, applications for certificates should be made to the Register Office in the district where the birth, death or marriage took place.

The General Register Office also holds a central copy of all registrations for England and Wales.

Visit the Certificate Ordering Service pages of the General Register Office website to order a birth, death or marriage certificate online.

Where can I find out more information about registering births, deaths and marriages in the UK?

Visit the General Register Office website for more information about how to register a birth or death in England and Wales, how to go about getting married or form a civil partnership, how to obtain a birth certificate, a marriage certificate, a civil partnership certificate or a death certificate, and how to use the services at the Family Records Centre.

Where can I find information about marriage and civil partnerships in Oxfordshire?

Oxfordshire County Council give advice on planning your wedding, including choices of venues and legal formalities.

Visit the Marriages pages of their website for information on marriage venues, planning your wedding, fees and passport changes.

Visit the Civil Partnership pages of the Oxfordshire County Council website for information about this topic.

Page last updated 26 April 2013


Communities zone menu

How do you rate this page?

rate this page as GOOD rate this page as AVERAGE rate this page as POOR
What's this?

Oxford Town Hall Advert

Facebook  Twitter  RSS icon


Do it online

Contact Us

Self service: Online services | Telephone: 01865 249811 | Where to find our offices

Copyright © 2015 Oxford City Council, Town Hall, St Aldate's, Oxford, OX1 1BX.
Designed and hosted by Oxford Information Labs Limited.